Aluminum Fence Types
Are You Ready To Start?
Request a free estimate from our experts!
How Much Does it Cost to Fence in a Yard?
Backyard Fences Ideas in Toronto
Backyard fence installation is a necessary procedure to finalize your property and make it attractive and safe. However, it is a long-lasting project, so it is important to know all the nuances of selecting, purchasing, and installing a backyard fence. NW Aluminum in Toronto offers a wide range of privacy fence ideas for backyard for both residential homes and commercial buildings. In this article, we will talk about their costs and types, and you will see the best backyard fences pictures and designs.
Which to Choose: Aluminum, Chain Link, or Bamboo Fence?
Building a yard fence can be a great idea for your home. For one, it offers protection to your property. It also prevents wild animals from entering and ruining your property. You can also choose from among different shapes, sizes, designs, and functions of fences. That said, a yard rail fence can also improve your home’s overall look.
Before buying a fence, you should determine the best fencing type for your home needs. You should also consider your budget and purpose why you need a fence in the first place.
Types of Privacy Fences for Backyard
Many types of privacy fences for the backyard are now available. Let’s take a look at the most popular ones:
These fences create a natural and eco-friendly look by using bamboo. They have good durability and can blend in with the natural atmosphere of the garden. This material is durable, but a bamboo fence can be exposed to weather conditions, requires regular maintenance, and may be less durable than some other materials.
Chain link fences
They are durable, weather resistant, and provide good visibility through the fence. Chain link fences are usually reasonably priced and require minimal maintenance. However, visually, they may appear less attractive and cozy compared to other types of fence panels.
Metal fences offer strength and durability. A corrugated metal fence can be arranged in a variety of designs and styles. However, some types of metal fencing and other fencing materials can corrode, requiring additional maintenance. Also, their cost can be higher compared to some other materials.
A wooden fence provides a natural look and can be easily personalized and painted in a variety of colors. However, a wood pallet fence requires regular maintenance and protection from weather and insects.
Vinyl fencing is corrosion-resistant, requires no painting, is easy to install, and comes in a variety of styles and colors. They can be damaged if subjected to a severe impact and may require replacement of individual panels. In some cases, vinyl can lose color when exposed to the sun.
Aluminum fences are lightweight, strong, corrosion resistant, and do not require painting. We offer many contemporary aluminum backyard fence designs so you can find the perfect solution for your home. They may cost a little more than other options, but in the long run, their durability and minimal maintenance are completely worth the cost.
Gail in Richmond Hill
“Northwest Aluminum installed guardrail on our back steps. They arrived to design and provide a quote within a day of our first contact. They worked with us to come up with a cost efficient design. They delivered and installed within a 3 week period. We are very happy with the service and product.”
Are You Ready To Start?
Request a free estimate from our experts!
Areas We Serve
Aluminum railings, stairs, and fences of the highest quality for homes, buildings, and public areas.
We’re ready to serve you near any of the following locations:
Backyard Fencing Cost in Toronto
As for the installation cost, it can range around $2,000 or more. A six-foot fence can cost about $3 to as much as $13 per linear foot. On the other hand, security gates can cost around $5,000 and above, while electric fences may range about $1,000 or higher.
The final cost depends on the chosen material, the height and length of the fence, and the complexity of its design. In addition, you can hire professional installers to simplify the task and get a guaranteed durable fence for your front or back yard. To find out the exact fence for backyard price contact us for a free estimate.
Should I Fence My Front Yard?
Some homeowners prefer fencing their front yards for aesthetic purposes. On the other hand, some choose to fence their front yard for protection. While fencing may not guarantee 100 percent protection (depending on the installation process and fencing material used), fencing does offer benefits to homeowners.
Among these possible benefits are the following:
- Provides safety, especially among children and pets
- Provides security against wild animals and even pets from potentially ruining your garden
- Can deter potential burglars from intruding on your home
- Serves as a “border” between your neighbor’s property
Factors for Choice
While front yard fences are already common, a lot of homeowners still do not have any idea about fencing or whether they need it. Among things you need to consider when deciding to have fencing include:
- Children and Pets: If these two both live in your home, then yard fencing may be necessary. For one, you can have peace of mind when you know your small child or pet cannot easily run across the busy street. Some fences also have extra features for added privacy and security for your property.
- Property Issues: This may not be a common issue, but fencing can help solve this concern should the need arise. Just make sure where your property boundary is so you can place the fence and separate your property from your neighbor’s.
- Building Codes and Restrictions: Some areas require complying with the local building code before installing a fence. For example, it may be that your location has a restriction on fencing height. Such restrictions should be followed, or else you may have to remove your fence eventually.
- Purpose: Ask yourself why you want to build a fence. Is it for security or aesthetic purposes? On one hand, a beautiful fence can enhance the appearance of your yard and the overall exterior of your home. If you want to make the property secure from all sides you may need a taller and more privacy-friendly aluminum fence.
What is the Best Type of Fence for My Yard?
It is necessary to assess the surrounding area and think about the possible risks of animal intrusion. Or you may have your pets, which should not leave the site either. This factor will determine the height of the fence needed. Let’s look at some specific examples:
- Dogs and cats: To prevent these pets from climbing over the fence, 3-foot aluminum fencing with sturdy posts is recommended.
- Rabbits: Since rabbits cannot jump as high, a two-foot aluminum fence with one-inch diameter holes is sufficient. The bottom of the fence should be bent at a 90-degree angle to form a wide apron under which the animal cannot dig.
- Deers: Deers are perhaps one of the most common animal intruders around. They can jump high, that is why a higher fence is required. Ideally, a fence measuring at least eight inches tall and slanted at 45 degrees can be effective in deterring deer. Make sure not to have space below the fence where the deer can wiggle into.
- Opossums and raccoons: You can build a four-foot fence with a loose top 18 inches high to keep animals from climbing over it. Electrical wiring above the fence can also work. We can bury the bottom of the fence and bend it 90 degrees so it forms a wide apron and prevents animals from digging under it.
How to Choose the Perfect Fence Design?
Before choosing which type of yard fence to install in your front yard, here are some things you need to consider:
Why Do I Need a Fence?
Before proceeding to install a fence, you should consider why you want to build one in the first place. For security purposes, you may want one that is high and solid enough not to be easily intruded by potential burglars.
Fences can also be used to create zoning within your backyard or garden area. In this case, you can do with shorter fences. By identifying the specific purpose of your fencing project, you can easily choose which type of fence you need.
How Tall and Wide Should I Make My Fence?
Determining the height of your fence is important when considering building one. Some homeowners do not want pallet fences that are too high because they can obstruct their view from the outside. On the other hand, some want to have a taller fence to provide security and safety for their property.
Contact our backyard fence company to select the ideal aluminum fences. NW Aluminum in Toronto provides a large assortment of quality, confidential, and durable aluminum fences. With us, you will find the best options for any construction, whether for front yard fencing or backyard fencing. We will also professionally install this fence according to all building codes for you. Our sturdy fence will make your lot as secure as a stone wall.